Back from popular demand, we will be lining up 5 cooking classes again this year. Please watch this space for newly updated cooking class schedule!
All cooking classes will be held between 6pm to 9pm at the Garratt Wellness Centre. [See Map]
Register for Cooking Classes by clicking the links for each class below or CALL 604.279.5599 to register!
To raise funds for the Front Porch Project, we are charging a small fee of $15 per cooking class per person. All proceeds from cooking classes go towards the running of the Front Porch Project.
Sponsoring a cooking class: You can help raise funds for the Front Porch Program as well as help families learn to cook by sponsoring a cooking class. $500 will pay for one cooking class. If you’d like to sponsor a cooking class, please contact Catherine Butler at email@example.com.
Mon. Feb 25, 2013 (6pm – 9pm):
Learn to cook these dishes and create a mouth-watery family meal!
Wild Mushroom Risotto
Pan Seared BC Salmon
Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette
Tues. Feb 26, 2013 (6pm – 9pm):
A Healthy and Delicious Chinese Family Meal
- Tofu Pockets Stuffed with Ground Pork and Fish Paste On Seasonal Greens
- Braised Shiitaki Mushrooms on Green
- Wok-fried Spicy Chicken & Asian Egg Plants
- Squash & Coconut Cream Dessert Soup for dessert
Thurs. Feb 28, 2013 (6pm – 9pm):
Chef Nathan Tymchuk
(from the Richmond Boathouse)
- Caprese salad – Hand-made mozzarella “In class”, Rustic tomato caprese salad, served with fresh picked basil and an olive oil drizzle, with sweet rosemary, balsamic reduction.
- Tiger prawns – Pan seared tiger prawns tossed in a roasted garlic and herb butter sauce served on a bed of jasmine rice.
- West coast salmon – Oven-roasted salmon on a bed fresh herbs, baked lemon with white wine. Served with a chickpea quinoa.
Fri. March 1, 2013 (6pm – 9pm):
Sat. March 2, 2013 (9am – 12pm):
Healthy Cooking at Home
- Flat bread pizza – using fresh local ingredients and it is a healthier option and fun and
easy to make at home.
- Pannini sandwich
- Proper homemade mac and 3 cheese
- Spaghetti Vongle – a easy classic Italian pasta dish consisting of fresh clams, lemon, olive oil and fresh herbs.
- Also learn about knife cuts, proper kitchen safety and basic cooking methods.